ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 10-0109
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: 1100340 Social Media Assistant, FSN-9, FP-5*
OPENING DATE: January 11, 2011
CLOSING DATE: January 25, 2011
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-9 (RUB 946,954 +bonus RUB 29,952 p.a.-starting salary)
*AEFM/MOH/NOR: FP-5* (position grade to be confirmed by Washington)
LENGTH OF HIRE: Permanent position
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Moscow is seeking an individual for the position of Social Media Assistant in the Public Affairs Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Supervised by the Senior Media Advisor, the position is responsible for creating and placing Embassy content on Russian social media sites. The position regularly reports regularly on what bloggers and social media are saying on issues that affect the U.S. Embassy.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the HR Office. Please send your request to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. University Degree in Humanities, Social Science, Journalism, or Business (Marketing) is required.
2. One to two years of experience in social media work is required.
3. Level III (good working knowledge) in English, level III (good working knowledge) in Russian is required. Will be tested.
4. Good familiarity with major Russian and U.S. on-line networks and blogger platforms, and with current trends and developments in American and host country information science and technology is required. Good familiarity with electronic retrieval and delivery tools, in particular the Internet and standard information science practices and procedures is required.
5. Ability to develop and maintain working level contacts in the social media community is required. Ability to assist others as needed is required. Ability to draft messages for blogs, short news, and press releases is required. Ability to exercise judgment in selecting e-media items and stories in traditional media of interest to the Mission is required. Excellent service orientation to target audience plus interpersonal and cross cultural skills are required. Ability to carry out research and respond rapidly to complex requests, often to breaking news is required. Must have above average written and oral communication skills. Must be able to prioritize work. Ability to write reports and develop outreach publications is required. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (OF-612); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Fax: 7-495-728 5244; Email: email@example.com
The preferred way of receiving resumes is via email.
Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted by the HR Office.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: January 25, 2011
The U.S. Mission in Russian provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.